Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Oh Barb...

Barbara Henrickson is a character on one of my favorite shows Big Love. If you haven't seen the bus posters, or the commercials, or the emmy they won, then I'll tell you. Big Love is a show about polygamists living in Utah. My favorite character, though she continues to disappoint, is Barb. I, however, HATE Bill, the patriarch of the family. I get it. Bill has vision. Bill is great. But sometimes, Bill pushes too hard. He has asked Barb to give up so much: her monogamous marriage (they were originally monogamous christians then all of a sudden he was like OH WAIT i want to have two more wives -__-), her family, her mother's love, her religion, her job, the list never stops. He makes her compromise her morals. He chastises her. All for his vision. There are times when I see the fire burn within Barb, and she has moments where she leaves, but she always comes back. WHY!?? I never want Barb to leave the show, but at the same time, just once, I would like to see her stick to her guns and tell Bill "no." Just one time. Why does Bill continue to act out? Because she will always come back, and frankly...that is BS! Barb get it together. Leave Bill or fix the relationship. Do something. Because you are disappointing me. Your biggest fan. By the way, this is not just for Barb.
Words don't mean much of anything. ACT. Barb, ACT. Random reader, ACT. Boy who feigns interest in my blog so that he can get in los pantolones, ACT (though you might get denied).

No comments:

Post a Comment